emacs22-nox and gnome-terminal

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: emacs22-nox and gnome-terminal
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 07:41:37 +0200

Hi list,

Is anyone experiencing any strange behaviour running emacs-22-nox inside
gnome-terminal on a stock Debian (testing) box?

I'm experiencing erratic cursor behaviour; it can suddenly expand to
being 4 or more characters wide at certain points in a buffer, and
ocassionally it leaves trails of itself after this has happened.

Also, more rarely, remnants of the previous buffer are visible in the
currently visible buffer.

In all of these cases, C-l (center point and redisplay frame) sets the
situation right.

I suspect its an issue with gnome-terminal rather than Emacs, but I've
no idea how to go about verifying this...

Suggestions anyone?

Sebastian