Re: Task list like Eclipse's that can keep track of TODOs in multiple so

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Task list like Eclipse's that can keep track of TODOs in multiple source files
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:22:12 +1100

Michael Hoffman <b3i4old02@sneakemail.com> writes:

> Is there a task list mode that will find tags like TODO/XXX/FIXME in source
> files in a directory, make them into tasks and allow me to edit
> them/reorder them in the task list?
>
> I understand that Eclipse and Visual Studio can provide at least some of
> the functionality listed above. The best I can do thus far is the use of
> M-x multi-occur, which is useful but does not allow me to simply
> reorder/sort/edit.

I don't know of one, but it sounds like a useful tool!

What I do is keep my 'todo' stuff in an .org file using remember
mode. This is quite useful as you get all the benefits of org mode (now
bundled with emacs 22) and using remember mode means you have links to
the document the todo refers to. The only downside is that the todo is
not actually in the file it is associated with (though you might be able
to make remember mode do this with some hacking).

Org mode provides some useful reporting tools that may provide the
sorting/presentation aspects you would like.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au