Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:21:17 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On Jan 26, 2008 9:44 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

Really?  It works for me with relative file names (of course, I used
"-q" as well, so if someone changes directory in their .emacs, that
could be a problem).

You're right.

But also of course if emacs client is used you do not know which directory Emacs has as default. So you have to tell Emacs which directory the file names are relative to.

Or use forward slashes; nothing new here.

That' a bit more difficult if the Emacs invocation is not typed into
the command line, but comes from another tool.

A fairly common case could be that you do file name completion in cmd.exe. Then you will get backward slashes. Putting these inside "..." will make Emacs interpret them as they should escape the next character in the string.