Re: connecting with tramp and plink to a non standard port fails

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: connecting with tramp and plink to a non standard port fails
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 06:08:20 +0100

lmunro <louis.munro@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm having trouble connecting to a linux server using tramp on windows
> XP with plink.
> I can connect fine to servers using the standard ssh port but can't
> get plink to use a different port using tramp.
>
> On it's own plink seems to work fine. If I open a cmd.exe window and
> type
>> plink -l user host.example.com -P 55
> I can connect just fine using a password or a private key.

Which Tramp version do you use? I guess it is Tramp 2.0.x.

Tramp 2.0 has a design error, that for ports it always adds "-p xxx".
This is fine for ssh etc, but wrong for plink (which needs "-P xxx").

This is solved in Tramp 2.1, where the parameter is set depending on the
used method.

> Much obliged for any help.
> LM

Best regards, Michael.