Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman

From: braydon fuller
Subject: Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 19:58:48 -0800

Ignoramus18728 wrote:
On 2008-01-07, Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com> wrote:

jellybean stonerfish wrote:

Stallman won't even own an encrypted dvd and I bet doesn't go to sites
needing flash.

he may, using gnash <http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/>.

How do you like this gnash, does it work very well?

Works with YouTube videos, well. I've also noticed that it will create separate processes for each swf outsite of the browser process, which could be good. However, they still seem to be process intense. If watching video, I've found it more efficient on the processor to just to use VLC, even if it's an extra step it helps keep the laptop cooler.