Re: Is there a mod-emacs?

From: thorne
Subject: Re: Is there a mod-emacs?
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:29:45 -0700

jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) writes:

> Good idea: this would be a great way to keep up my schedule without
> ferrying my org files from machine to machine.  However...
>
> Did you get real checkboxes on org export to html?  I've been
> considering trying to patch the code to do that.  My currently loaded
> version of org-mode produces just "- [ ]" instead of an html checkbox.
> Is there any discussion of changing the behavior?

Actually a generalized html generation library (or xml) might be a nice
thing for Emacs (maybe it already has one...?).  I am not sure about Org
mode, but i am pretty sure Emacs Muse uses regexp substitution on a
buffer to generate html--which is great (i use Muse for my web page) but
it might also be nice to have something like Common Lisp's lml2 for
creating html from lisp code.  I hacked up the beginning of something
for my own use using Common Lisp macros once and it wasn't that hard to
do.  The syntax ended up something like:

(html
 (head
  (title "Foo"))
 (body
  (h1 "Snee")
  (p "This is a paragraph, etc...")
  (p "So's this!")))

Of course you need to handle xml attributes and a few things like
that.... Though now that i write this, it occurs to me that there has to
be something like this already around somewhere.

--
Theron TtlÄx