Re: emacs changed file's own user and file permission

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs changed file's own user and file permission
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 00:03:19 +0100

Am 11.12.2007 um 21:49 schrieb Xah Lee:

PS addendum to my previous suggestion about sperater dir for emacs
backup: the default backup dir should be fixed by default such as
".emacs_backup". (as opposed to asking a user to set it.) User can
still change it of course. The thing here is that having a
standardized emacs backup dir location is good.

What about .emacs.d/backups? ~/.emacs.d is quite common, containing default.el, auto-save-list or such. It could also be home for session and desktop files, private Elisp ...

BTW, I'd prefer to have the options of "traditional" and unified backup. And probably it would be a good idea to have another choice between flat and in a tree "unified" backup.

Why is it such a huge problem to make a complete proposal?

--
Greetings

  Pete

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for « entrepreneur ».
                                – George W. Bush