Re: Easy way to rename files sequentially?

From: cothrige
Subject: Re: Easy way to rename files sequentially?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 04:17:03 GMT

On 2007-11-26, David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> wrote:

> M-x wdired-change-to-wdired-mode RET
> C-M-% img RET \,(format "%03d" \#)-img RET
> !
> C-c C-c

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I do the above?  Do you mean
Control-Meta-% (Control-Alt-%)?  If so, then how does one accomplish
that keystroke?  It seems to me to be the equivalent of
Control-Alt-Shift-5, and that doesn't seem to work for me (and seems
impossible for me to even do with only two hands).  How am I
misreading this?

Like I said, sorry to be dumb, but this looks like very promising, and
I just could not make it work.

Thanks for the help,

Patrick