Re: CPerl Indentation after subs with print in their names

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: CPerl Indentation after subs with print in their names
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:40:14 +0100

Hi Ilya,

Ilya Zakharevich <nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org> writes:

> Stefan Kamphausen
> <skampi@gmx.net>],

... which does not help since that address is rarely read ;-)

 > who wrote in article <85zlx6qlid.fsf@usenet.my.skamphausen.de>:
>> # here indentation is OK
>> [SNIP]
> I suspect that Emacsen come with broken cperl-mode.  See
> ilyaz.org/software/emacs
>
> Hope this helps,

It does and then confuses me even more.

It helps in that your version indents the perl code correctly.  That
made me compare those files which both announce the same version in
cperl-version: 5.22.  The line-count differs by 1542 lines which means
there is more than subtle changes and an ediff-session confirms this.

I'd be interested in knowing how the development is done.  Do you,
Ilya, still maintain the code?  The comments at the beginning of the
file state this.  There would have been a small chance for me to
notice the difference had I used the menu entry Perl-> Micro Docs->
CPerl version which in case of the version shipped with Emacs appends
a "-Emacs" to cperl-version.

Some of the differences may be important to you, too.

Anyway, thanks for getting me on the track and thanks for providing
cperl-mode of course.

Kind regards,
stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)