Re: Longlines fuses words together after kill/yank

From: Guym
Subject: Re: Longlines fuses words together after kill/yank
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 03:25:07 -0800 (PST)

Thanks. Longlines is now shipped with gnu emacs. There's a good general
description on emacs wiki:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/LongLines

The mode documentation is as follows:

Longlines minor mode (indicator ll):
Toggle Long Lines mode.
In Long Lines mode, long lines are wrapped if they extend beyond
`fill-column'.  The soft newlines used for line wrapping will not
show up when the text is yanked or saved to disk.

If the variable `longlines-auto-wrap' is non-nil, lines are automatically
wrapped whenever the buffer is changed.  You can always call
`fill-paragraph' to fill individual paragraphs.

If the variable `longlines-show-hard-newlines' is non-nil, hard newlines
are indicated with a symbol.

longlines-auto-wrap toggles automatic wrapping of paragraphs as you type (or
otherwise make changes, e.g. by yanking the paragraph). If it's off the
paragraph just appears as one long line with these wrapping arrows at the
end, but that's hard to read for text files (e.g. latex). With auto wrap off
it's still possible to request wrapping of paragraphs after you type them,
but that's not very convenient. The normal use is meant to be with auto
wrapping on, but then I have this problem with words fusing after kill/yank.

Guy.