Re: Holding Ctrl + f/b/p/n/etc. randomly prints the character

From: Matthew Crisanti
Subject: Re: Holding Ctrl + f/b/p/n/etc. randomly prints the character
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:59:42 -0500

> "Peter Dyballa" <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote in message
> news:mailman.2788.1193823588.18990.help-gnu-> emacs@gnu.org...

> Am 30.10.2007 um 22:51 schrieb Matthew Crisanti:

> > I'm assuming this is a common problem

> I'd presume this is a problem with your keyboard. Is it USB or  another?
> Is connected to an USB port? Do you have more USB ports to  choose from?
> Does each one show the same? What happens when you use  another keyboard?
> What happens when you use your keyboard with  another PC?

Well it's a laptop, so the keyboard is integrated. I don't think it's a
hardware problem, though, since the problem doesn't show up in Vista. The
problem also doesn't occur when I use a USB keyboard.

Right now, I'm running Vista using vmware from within ubuntu, and I'm
getting the same problem , so it can't be a problem with an emacs
setting or anything, since I'm using the same emacs config file that I use
when I boot into Vista normally. Since the problem occurs in both gentoo and
ubuntu, and the only thing common between them that I can think of is the
kernel .config file that I use to compile the kernels for both, I'm assuming
it's a problem with my kernel, and that I'm in the wrong newsgroup. Any
suggestions are still welcome, however.