font setting stopped working in Emacs 22 (Ubuntu)

From: bramble
Subject: font setting stopped working in Emacs 22 (Ubuntu)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:46:21 -0000

I'd been setting my Emacs font using the following in my ~/.Xresources
file:

emacs.font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-
iso10646-1

I'm using Ubuntu GNU/Linux, and recently updated to 7.10, and then
removed the emacs snapshot package and installed the plain emacs
package (which is version 22 now).

Trouble is, the font reverted back to courier. How do I get my nice
small 6x13 font back?