Re: how to keep .emacs files in synch

From: kj
Subject: Re: how to keep .emacs files in synch
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:57:22 +0000 (UTC)

In <lf0Ni.9$ch4.7410882@news.odn.de> Rainer Stengele
<rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:

>I also have an automatic "save files and checkin" procedure - started on my
>office pc after I left
>work to be sure I can checkout the latest files at home.

Hmmm...  I'm curious about how you implement the timing (or
triggering) of this automatic procedure.

My interest in this question extends beyond the problem of keeping
my .emacs files in synch.  There are a few other housekeeping jobs
like this one that I'd like to run automatically "right after I
leave work", but the time I leave work varies considerably from
day to day, so following a fixed daily schedule for doing this
(e.g. with cron) would not work too well in general...

Come to think of it, given my work habits, it probably would require
a pretty sophisticated bit of AI to have such jobs run for me
automatically and at the right time every day...

kj