Re: which of the many .el's is best for (simple?) html, etc?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: which of the many .el's is best for (simple?) html, etc?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:08:56 +1000

"Dmitri Minaev" <minaev@gmail.com> writes:

> On 29 Sep 2007 01:14:55 -0400, David Combs <dkcombs@panix.com> wrote:
>> Here's the page in emacswiki that lists the various
>> emacs-packages that pertain to creating web-pages.
>>
>> Which are your favorites?  (Why?)
>>
>> Which are capable and yet easy to learn?
>
> I use html-helper-mode. Other modes may be better, but I got used to
> this one :). It is simple and has an extensive list of keyboard
> accelerators.

A lot depends on how sophisticated your web pages need to be (do they use
scripting, advanced css etc). For basic pages, I just love muse-mode. I've
customized the headers/preamble etc and now have really simple muse pages
which are automatically published when I make changes. Works really well
for fairly striaght-forward pages and I can always generate PDF,
PostScript, Bloxsome, texinfo, tex, latex etc from the same sources.

Muse uses a simple, but quite powerful wiki like markup and has support for
tables, footnotes, <pre> tags etc.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au