Re: color-theme

From: Alexey Pustyntsev
Subject: Re: color-theme
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 15:08:20 +1100

"John P. Burkett" <burkett@uri.edu> writes:

> For some time I have been happily using GNU Emacs with the color-theme
> package under Gentoo Linux.  The lines in my .emacs file dealing with
> color-theme are the following:
> (require 'color-theme)
> (defun color-theme-face-attr-construct (face frame)
>        (if (atom face)
>            (custom-face-attributes-get face frame)
>          (if (and (consp face) (eq (car face) 'quote))
>              (custom-face-attributes-get (cadr face) frame)
>            (custom-face-attributes-get (car face) frame))))
> (setq color-theme-is-global t)
>    (color-theme-subtle-hacker)
>
> When I started emacs it came up with subtle-hacker color scheme in
> place, until today.  Following a Gentoo emerge last night, I have
> started having trouble with color-theme.  Now when I do "emacs
> --debug-init" the response includes the following lines:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function color-theme-subtle-hacker)
>   (color-theme-subtle-hacker)
>   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "~/.emacs" nil t)
>   load-with-code-conversion("/home/john/.emacs" "~/.emacs" t t)
>   load("~/.emacs" t t)
>   #[nil "
>   command-line()
>   normal-top-level()
>
> (I have omitted some non-standard characters that followed #[nil ".)
>
> If I edit .emacs to comment out the line
>  (color-theme-subtle-hacker)
> then emacs starts without error messages.  I can then click on tools,
> color-theme, and Subtle Hacker to get the preferred color scheme.
> However, I haven't figured out how to make this color scheme permanent
> again.  Suggestion for how to do so would be most welcome.

Hi John!

My conjecture is that something is wrong with the path to the elisp
package. I suggest you check two things. First, the path to the
package that you have in your .emacs, then, the real path where the
package is actually installed (have a look at the color-themes.ebuild
file). The path should be the same in both cases.

>From what you wrote, your emacs doesn't seem to get the path to
the package in the first case and picks the correct path in the
second.

--
Rgds
Alexey

Today is Boomtime, the 33rd day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3173