Re: How to use etags-select

From: Rafal Kurcz
Subject: Re: How to use etags-select
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 09:41:04 -0700

> Now it works very fast.
> I did the same test as above on the same machine - now I get the list
> of tags immediately.
> Great thanks for help Scott.

etags-select is now awesome tool. I use it a lot to navigate 2.6.22.6
kernel source.
I also found 2 another problems. They don't seem to be big:

1. Place the cursor on "__free_pages_ok" function declaration (mm/
page_alloc.c:62) and invoke
etags-select-find-tag-at-point. It will lead You to the same tag while
it should lead You to the definition (mm/page_alloc.c:501)

2. Place the cursor on "page_map_count(page)" function invocation (mm/
page_alloc.c:433) and invoke etags-select-find-tag-at-point.
It will display among others the "reset_page_mapcount" as a candidate
to jump. I think that it is not a good candidate.
For me it looks rather like TAGS problem since C-u M-. leads You to
that symbol as well.

I generated TAGS file as follows:
make TAGS

Thank You for help