Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu

From: Mathias Megyei
Subject: Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 15:13:07 +0200

I had to install more of the *-dev packages (libx11-dev,
libungif-dev, libgtk-dev, ...).

Please look at the output of the configure run, whether
configure has found all of the necessary libraries.

The output from my last build (Emacs 23) looks as follows:

Configured for `i686-pc-linux-gnu'.

  Where should the build process find the source
code?    /home/mathias/gnu/Emacs/emacs
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/gnu-linux.h' and `m/intel386.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
      (Using Doug Lea's new malloc from the GNU C Library.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    yes
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          GTK
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                Standard dirs
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   Standard dirs
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           yes -lgif
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                yes
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   yes

Mathias