Re: eshell: how to alias cp 'cp -i' ?

From: furue
Subject: Re: eshell: how to alias cp 'cp -i' ?
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:45:37 -0700

On Sep 5, 9:46 am, Stefan Reichör <ste...@xsteve.at> wrote:
> David Hansen <david.han...@gmx.net> writes:
> > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:18:52 -0700 fu...@hawaii.edu wrote:
[ . . . ]
> I tried the following:
> alias tcp 'cp -i $*'
>
> But this didn't work. That is probably an emacs bug.

Thank you, David and Stefan, for the responses.
I thought I posted a replay yesterday, but it doesn't appear
here.  (Probably I hit the "Discard" button instead of the "Send".)

Anyway, my experience is the same.  Alias to 'cp -i $*' doesn't
work for me, either.  My tentative solution is

  alias cp /bin/cp -i $*

which works.  This is asthetically incorrect because it doesn't
use eshell's builtin cp.

I'm also wondering where I can find documentations of eshell.
I want/need to learn more, such as "for" loop and "if" constructs
and function definition.

Cheers,
Ryo