Re: mmm-mode, php-mode, psgml-mode (stringp, nil)

From: Michael Trausch
Subject: Re: mmm-mode, php-mode, psgml-mode (stringp, nil)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:15:29 -0400

Lennart Borgman (gmail), on 08/28/2007 11:43 AM said:
> Michael Trausch wrote:
>> I am using GNU Emacs 22.0.91.1, and the following pieces of software
>> together on an Ubuntu Feisty Fawn system:
>>
>>     Package:  css-mode      Version: 0.11-5
>>     Package:  mmm-mode      Version: 0.4.8-3
>>     Package:  php-mode      Version: 0.1-1
>>     Package:  psgml         Version: 1.3.2-4
>>
>> However, I am having a problem actually editing PHP code using this
>> combination, and I am not sure why; I can edit PHP files with just
>> php-mode, but not in concert with mmm and the others.
>
> I have just sent an inquiry to the mmm-mode maintainers and asked them
> if they are still maintaining it. I wrote mumamo-mode because I believed
> they did not. This is part of nXhtml, see EmacsWiki.

Got it installed and going.  Thank you very much for the pointer... I
have only one question, if you don't mind.  I use functions involving
setting the mark a lot, cutting, yanking, etc.  It seems that when the
mark is set, and I press <tab>, it wants to respond with "ready
indenting region".  I can't seem to find out how to un-set the mark so
that it does not do this.  Also, it then doesn't let me press <tab> at
the beginning of the line to indent that line before I type anything.

Only a very, very minor annoyance.  But even if there isn't a way for me
to fix it, I am very happy!  Thanks again!

        -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                http://www.trausch.us/
Pidgin 2.1.1 and plugins for Ubuntu Feisty! http://www.trausch.us/pidgin