Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostStript/DVI files in Emacs
Date: 28 Aug 2007 19:24:03 GMT

Tassilo Horn wrote:
[defparameter]
> But that was just a typo.  Please update, I removed it.

ah, thanks. (i already replaced it with defvar, figuring that that way, it
would at least work. ;-)

btw, since my screen is rather small (12inch ibook), a converted page isn't
shown in full, and i have to scroll down to see the bottom part. (slicing
doesn't help, as the screen is just too small.) other viewers (xdvi, xpdf)
usually use the space bar to scroll down and jump to the top of the next
page if the bottom of the page is shown. usually, DEL or backspace does the
opposite.

i've been trying to implement this functionality for doc-view, but so far
without much luck. it turns out to be rather difficult to establish which
part of the image is actually shown in the active window. i've tried with
pos-visible-in-window-p and with window-start/window-end, but that doesn't
really work. do you perhaps know a better way to do this?

TIA

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)