Re: xemacs shell not flushing (on windows) when I get input from other p

From: sandra_oconnor2
Subject: Re: xemacs shell not flushing (on windows) when I get input from other programs (such as perl)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:54:46 -0700

Joel, I mean Xemacs, aka Lucid Emacs.  I've tried getting help on
comp.emacs.xemacs but haven't been successful.  That group gets less
traffic than this one.

>> What is it exactly that you want to see happening?

The program I showed above is just a simple example so that anyone can
reproduce it.  What I want to be able to do is,  starting from the
xemacs shell, have an interactive command-line session with something
that is not the shell itself.  For example, I want to go into the perl
debugger,  or the python debugger.  But this particular issue makes it
impossible;  once I go into another program (such as the perl
debugger) it stops automatic flushing before my inputs.  Consequently
I'll see nothing in a debugging session -- except my own inputs!!
(Until the end of the debugging session.)  No good.

Any ideas anyone.