Re: global-set-key, error: Invalid modifier in string

From: John
Subject: Re: global-set-key, error: Invalid modifier in string
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:20:53 -0000

On Aug 17, 6:13 am, bojohan+n...@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård)
wrote:
> John <jmg3...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Seems like some of the Alt keys are working, but the ones with "\C-"
> > in them are causing the error.
>
> Strings can't contain non-ASCII control characters. Use (kbd "C-.") or
> [?\C-.] etc instead.

I'm not familiar with the differences between ascii and non-ascii ctrl
characters, but using kbd fixed the problem. :)

(Note: I swapped around the C-<> and M-<> keys from what's shown
above.) I'm giving these new key combos a try for a little while.
Using M-v for page up has always seemed out of place wrt the rest of
the Emacs key bindings. And M-n / M-p seems to make perfect sense for
backward-/forward-paragraph.

Thanks Johan!

---John