Can't open R in Emacs

From: Hosley
Subject: Can't open R in Emacs
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:51:03 -0700

I need to setup up R, ESS, and GNU Emacs for a class but am having
problems. I'm trying to open R in Emacs by following these steps:

1. Open Emacs
2.Ctrl-x 2, to open 2 buffers
3. Selecting top buffer and clicking Alt-x
4. Typing 'R' then hitting 'enter' twice

This is supposed to open R in the top buffer but instead I get a error
saying no such file or directory. It appears to be look into c:/devl/
emacs/bin as the default. Yet if I type in the correct path (c:/
program files/R/R-2.5.0/bin) manually I get the same error.

Bu the way, I can open R by itself (standalone) and it works fine.

I know this is about as novice as it gets, but I'm not used to these
environments. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Hos