Re: How to enable wrapping after C-x 3

From: furue
Subject: Re: How to enable wrapping after C-x 3
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:46:14 -0700

On Jul 27, 11:20 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
[. . .]
> Could be the variables truncate-lines and truncate-partial-width-
> windows can help.

Thank you for your help.  Indeed, truncate-partial-width-
windows did the trick.  It's t by default and that means
"truncate lines in all windows less than full frame wide"
(from the describe-variable help).  When I set it to nil,
lines are wrapped in split windows.  (The documentation
of truncate-lines says it's overriden by truncate-partial-
width-windows.  I don't know how these two variables
are meant to work together.)

Regards,
Ryo