Re: emacsserver unstable?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: emacsserver unstable?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 01:43:04 +0200

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 03:43:52PM +0200, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 07:44:02PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
> > Can you try to minimise your user init file, ~/.emacs or such? Could
> > be there is some code that causes the error you see ...
>
> The dying of the server seems to depend on the interplay of two
> definitions in my .emacs. I will call them code A and code B for
> explanation

That's nonsense. I haven't tried long enough. Sorry for this
dead-end.

After having worked without sourcing a personal init file at all, the
server died anyway after a while. Now I have employed a workaround
with a shellscript that starts a new Emacs session if the server is
not available.

Next week, when my holidays end, I try the same on the Computer in my
office which has an identical setup with the exception that it runs
Emacs 21.

Greetings,

Sven

--
PS: Bitte schicken Sie mir reine Text-Nachrichten. Bitte schicken Sie
mir keine Word-, PowerPoint- oder Excel-Anhänge. Sehen Sie dazu bitte