Re: C++ browser for overloaded methods

From: Scott Frazer
Subject: Re: C++ browser for overloaded methods
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:53:23 -0400

Scott Frazer wrote:
Abanowicz Tomasz wrote:
On 7 Cze, 15:50, Scott Frazer <frazer.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

etags-select - show the suspicious message "No exact match for tag"
and furthermore does not allow choosing the tag from the list by
number. You have to go through the list of tags using the arrow keys.
It is very inconvenient when the list of tags is very long.

Yeah, that's my bad on that one.  Someone else pointed out the same problem
a few days ago ...

I always use ctags (http://ctags.sourceforge.net) to generate my TAGS tables and didn't realize the standard etags can create several different kinds of tag
entries.  I'm working on supporting those now.

I don't have any plans to number the entries, but I'll think about it.

I've updated etags-select to work with the different tag types etags can
create (see the wiki page).  I added the choose-tag-by-number thing too,
although you have to hit return after entering the number ... it was going
to be too hard to determine when you were done entering digits otherwise.

Scott