Re: Emacs Lisp Q: Switch Emacs Frame Between Current/Original FVWM Deskt

From: Andrea Vettorello
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp Q: Switch Emacs Frame Between Current/Original FVWM Desktop?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:24:30 +0200

On 7/19/07, Edward <edward.dodge@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

really like to do something a little more useful.  I want to bring
Emacs to my current FVWM2 desktop and then send it back to its
original desktop when I'm done,  something like (thisdesktop-or-
thatdesktop-frame).  Anyone know a nice,   elegant way to accomplish
this?  Thanks in advance.

If you can't control your WM from within Emacs (/me looking at Sawfish
^_^), you can try with http://www.sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/, it's a
command line utility that permits to interact with EWMH compatible
window managers, but in the home page FVWM2 isn't mentioned tho.

Another option is to use an X feature (but i don't recall the name
right now), that can simulate user input event on clients, yeah i
know, not so useful...

--
Andrea