Re: Running ispell

From: David R
Subject: Re: Running ispell
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:50:30 +0100

Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 25.06.2007 um 22:58 schrieb Alberto Simões:

I am trying to configure ispell, but when I run M-$ I get the default usage message from ispell.

Options menu -> Customize Emacs -> Specific Group..., type isp TAB or ispell RET – ready. Apply or save your changes.

How can I check the command that is really being issued, so I can debug this problem?

In *shell* buffer: ps -augwwwx | grep -v grep | egrep '^USER|spell'

or in another shell: pstree -w -p <emacs pid>; <emacs pid> can be determined in *shell* buffer with 'echo $$' (close match) or (exact): pstree -w -p $$.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.

ps on cygwin just lists two processes, bash and the ps
emacs is being run in this case as a win32 patched version in c:\program files
I had similar problems a week ago.
I got aspell which is invoked at each ispell command automatically.

David R