Re: New user - keybinding issues

From: kaldrenon
Subject: Re: New user - keybinding issues
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:13:25 -0000

On Jun 20, 3:16 am, Jason Rumney <jasonrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Firstly, Emacs 22.1 has been released recently, so it might be better
> to start from there.

That's what I was told earlier. I'm doing that.

> Did you copy a .emacs file from somewhere?

Yes, I did. I installed 21.3 through a tutorial (the URL is in the
original post) and it told me to copy their .emacs file. And, not
knowing the behavior or purpose of the .emacs file at that point, I
simply did. After I understood what the file was for, though, I
dropped theirs and have my own (which currently does almost
nothing ;-)).

Thanks.