RE: ediff in RCS

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: ediff in RCS
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:38:40 -0700

> Possibly a good idea to comment them as such?

Yes, perhaps. But I have no idea that there are any problems (though your
report might be related). I haven't used change control much since I started
using Windows ;-). I just haven't felt like installing it.

> The copyright indicates
> 2007 so I assumed the code was maintained and working :(

Bad assumption.

Even a recent change-log entry (though there are none in these files)
wouldn't necessarily mean that the library was working on that log date. The
change could just be something as simple as updating the address of the FSF
in the free-software declaration. Checking for a recent change-log entry and
reading what it says can help, but again, there are no guarantees.

Sorry for any inconvenience.