emacs on X and screensize

From: Dick Hoogendijk
Subject: emacs on X and screensize
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 12:53:18 +0000 (UTC)

I'm kind of new to emacs and have tried lots of options. I can't find
the solution to a simple question though.

Everytime I start emacs (running Xorg) the program takes the total wide
of the screen at startup. so everytime I have to resize the window to
*my* preference. Most programs can save the window state. I would like
this for emacs too. Is this possible from within the progam or do I need
to call it in a special way from my windowmanager?

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ http://nagual.nl/ | Solaris 10 11/06 ++