arrow keys in the console

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: arrow keys in the console
Date: 18 May 2007 01:00:36 GMT

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the arrow keys in the console, or when
running emacs -nw under X. If I use any of the arrow keys the cursor
moves up one paragraph and adds a letter to the screen. It's a
different letter for each key. I thought I might have something in X
or the console screwed up, but the arrows seem to work fine in mutt,
the command line, slrn etc. How do I fix this for emacs?

Here's the quoted output of up, down, right, left, pageup, and
pagedown, if that helps:

[5~[6~

Thanks,

Tyler