Re: Could someone please help me with the Emacs customization file

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Could someone please help me with the Emacs customization file
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:24:42 -0600

rmclaug5 wrote:
In the  installation instructions for a program called VoiceCoder, the
instructions call for  editing a .Emacs customization file.  They give the
lines of code to add to this .Emacs file. I did a search for the .Emacs file
in my Emacs directory and found nothing.  So, I tried to create a text file
with the prescribed code then I renamed .Emacs and placed it in my  Emacs'
home directory and it is not registering the configuration. What them I
doing wrong in creating this .Emacs customization file?

C-x C-f ~/.emacs RET

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA