Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?

From: Will Parsons
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?
Date: 12 May 2007 18:51:24 GMT

Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> Den Sat, 12 May 2007 08:31:25 +0200 skrev Xavier Maillard:
>
>> If I was not coding modes/packages for GNU Emacs, I would have
>> probably sticked to GNU Emacs 21.x, for sure.
>
> Using Emacs 21.x now is simply silly. With 22 being almost there, it's as
> much, or more stable than 21.x, and it has *tons* of overall improvements,

So, you didn't see my response to another post in this thread, mentioning
that I'm having problems editing remote files with the current Emacs 22 on
Windows?  No doubt there is a solution a solution to this, but no, using
Emacs 21 is *not* "simply silly".  Apart from that, Emacs 21 is still the
version I get with two other systems I regularly work on - FreeBSD and
Debian GNU/Linux.  (Debian Etch - just recently sanctioned as the new
"stable" Debian - of course comes with the "stable" version of Emacs -
version 21.)