Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: Giacomo Graziosi
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: 2 May 2007 09:22:49 -0700

On Apr 24, 7:07 am, 30ish emacs user <kalap.ka...@freemail.hu> wrote:
> I'm wondering which age group most Emacs users fall into? How old are
> you? I'm 32.

I'm 21, Emacs user since yesterday :-).

> I suppose most of the youngest generation were exposed to some kind of
> graphical editor like Visual Studio or Eclipse and they find Emacs
> alien (those who don't understand...) after using the former.

I tried _everything_ before Emacs, on junior high I played with Visual
Basic, on the first two years in high school I switched first to
Visual Studio, later on Delphi and C++ Builder. On the third year in
high school I discovered Linux and dropped all of the Windows stuff
and started to write code on simple editors like Gedit, Kate, ecc...
At the end of high school and on the university I looked for some
better environment and tried VIM, KDevelop, Anjuta, Netbeans and
Eclipse. I always found something that really bored me.
Now I just dropped Eclipse and started using Emacs: it looks good,
still I miss some features like "intellisense" and I need to configure
some things like session restoring.