Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 22:01:57 +0200

On 5/2/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

I do not take pride in it. I am just glad it is working.

The feeling I get reading your webpage is that you take pride in
detecting (presumed) shortcomings of the standard distribution and
offering (presumed) fixes for them. I dislike it because I don't agree
with many of the supposed shortcomings you point out, and because I
think you're *taking* options from the user (at least, from the novice
user). Pre-packaged releases with lots of goodies stink of patronizing
to me.

And some of those things that you call ad-hoc solutions are just that I
follow the Window's API.

That means nothing. There are a gazillion ways to use them.

            Juanma