Re: Anybody is using 'tabbar.el'?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Anybody is using 'tabbar.el'?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:44:27 +0200

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:49:03 +0200 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

>>> I am using 'tabbar.el' and it works great. The problem is that all
>>> the
>>> tabs cannot wrap, that means if I open 30 files together, I can only
>>> see the first several tabs names. Is it possible that the tabs can
>>> wrap to 2 rows or 3 rows?
>
> There is also the function tabbar-shorten – could it be used to make
> the names of the tabs limited to some characters?

It is used for that, but internally, it's not a user command.  If the
user customizes tabbar-auto-scroll-flag to nil, then tabbar-shorten is
automatically called.  (By default tabbar-auto-scroll-flag is t, which
means that the tab of the current buffer is always visible in the tab
bar.)

Steve Berman