Re: (etags) Is this expected behavior?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: (etags) Is this expected behavior?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:58:56 +0200

Luca Saiu wrote:

Hello.
After compiling and installing the pretest, included Emacs Lisp source
files, of which some are installed *gzipped* by the `install' Makefile
target, I just regenerated the TAGS file with

etags `find -name \*.el` `find -name \*.el.gz`

from the appropriate directory.

When looking for a symbol with M-. Emacs fails to find the source file
because it tries to open a non-existing *uncompressed* version.
Try with goto-line, for example.

Now, I hadn't noticed whether this also happened previously, but this is
definitely not the behavior one would expect. Should I report it as a bug?
I wrote here first to avoid bothering the emacs-devel people with noise,
just in case.

Are you using Emacs 22 beta? If not and you want to report this, then please try the beta and follow the instructions there for sending bug reports.