Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:51:18 +0200

Quoting Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>:

I am 61. Have been using Emacs for about 20 years. I can't remember the
exact number of years. I still remember that in the early days I got the
Emacs distributions with UUCP through a 1200 bps modem (or was it 300?)
across the ocean. Scheduled during nightly hours to make use of `cheap'
telephone rates. The transfer took about 5 hours. This must have cost the
university quite some money.

*Bows respectfully*

I will print this (via ps-print-buffer) and post in my cubicle

--
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____