Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: Dmitry Dzhus
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:00:34 +0400

> I'm wondering which age group most Emacs users fall into? How old are
> you?

I am 18.

Using Emacs on GNU/Linux since January 2007, when I was 17 and moved
to Emacs from vim. I'm gradually mastering vast Emacs' field of
application fascinatedly. By now I'm using the following in Emacs:

- `org-mode` to take down notes and thoughts

- `gnus` to read newsgroups and my e-mail

- `bongo` to listen to music (though still sometimes fall to
  audacious)

- modes for C and Python programming; willing to get a good
  documentation browser for Python modules and get used to more handy
  tools for C and Python code (semantic, speedbar etc.)

- modes for XML, XHTML, JavaScript and CSS editing to maintain my tiny
  blog templates

- `dvc` as an interface to my GNU Arch managed code (though I consider
  to move to bazaar-ng)

- `tramp` to get transparent access to my hosting provider shell via
  ssh

- `jabber` to do some jabbering occasionly

My Emacs is from CVS on Gentoo GNU/Linux.

--
Happy Hacking.

Dmitry "Sphinx" Dzhus
http://sphinx.net.ru