Re: using new frame instead of splitting window

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: using new frame instead of splitting window
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:11:30 +0200

Jielei Fan <jielei.fan@s2003.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:

> For example, if I use a command in miniwindow ,but the result comes out from
> the miniwindow, I want to let emacs use a new frame to show the result.

depending on commands you can show it in some special frame like this:

     (setq special-display-buffer-names
           '("*Completions*" "*grep*" "*tex-shell*"))

please have a look at:

(info "(emacs)Special Buffer Frames")

but when the command output is only in the mini-buffer I do not know a
direct method sending it to a buffer in a special frame.  (Though the
mini-buffer output is also found in the *message* buffer (C-h e).)

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany