Re: fullscreen does not work

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: fullscreen does not work
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:04:09 -0500

Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:

> Robert D. Crawford wrote:
>
>> This option is new in emacs 22.

> Okay, that explains it. I still have 21.3.1.
> I see that 22 is in pretest. So I suppose I can better wait before I
> upgrade.

Actually, if you are able to follow the directions on fetching and
building the cvs version you _could_ do that.  It is not difficult and I
have seen no bugs in what I use.  The official release is not long in
coming.

However, if you only want fullscreen and have no other compelling reason
to upgrade, don't.  It would be _far_ easier to simply set the geometry
in .Xdefaults.  I have:

emacs.geometry: 100x38+0+0

for a 1024x768 screen using the font setting:

emacs*font: 10x20

which fills my screen.  For some reason, maybe it is because I am not
using a window manager or desktop environment, --fullscreen does not
work.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

BOFH excuse #348:

We're on Token Ring, and it looks like the token got loose.