Cleaning my dotemacs file, indenting new line automatically

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Cleaning my dotemacs file, indenting new line automatically
Date: 16 Apr 2007 06:40:16 -0700

Hello!

I noticed I have the following in my .emacs that is supposed to indent
every new line:
;; Change order of CR/LF. Will indent every new line.
(setq foo (global-key-binding "\C-m"))              ; Save CR binding.
(global-set-key "\C-m" (global-key-binding "\C-j")) ; Set CR to LF.
(global-set-key "\C-j" foo)                         ; Set LF to old
CR.

But after some googling it seems that as of emacs 20.x this is no
longer needed, is that correct? Trying to get rid of meaningless
settings in my .emacs to make it shorter and easier to understand. I'm
running bleeding edge cvs head and at work we use 21.4.1 and I'd like
settings that work on both as far as that's possible.

- Eric