Re: How to get current filename and absolute path of the file in emacs?

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: How to get current filename and absolute path of the file in emacs?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:30:19 -0700

>>>>> "QinGW" == QinGW  <dealover@21cn.com> writes:

    QinGW> I want to put current filename and file path to clipboard
    QinGW> and I cant get it by short key.how can I implement it?
    QinGW> Thank a lot.

This is what I use:

(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)

(defun copy-buffer-file-name (use-backslashes)
  "Puts the file name of the current buffer (or the current directory,
if the buffer isn't visiting a file) onto the kill ring, so that it
can be retrieved with \\[yank], or by another program.  With argument,
uses backslashes instead of forward slashes."
  (interactive "P")
  (let ((fn (subst-char-in-string
             ?/
             (if use-backslashes ?\\ ?/)
             (or
              (buffer-file-name (current-buffer))
              ;; Perhaps the buffer isn't visiting a file at all.  In
              ;; that case, let's return the directory.
              (expand-file-name default-directory)))))
    (when (null fn)
      (error "Buffer doesn't appear to be associated with any file or
directory."))
    (kill-new fn)
    (message "%s" fn)
    fn))

(global-set-key (kbd "<f8>") 'copy-buffer-file-name)