Signals ignored in shell-mode gnu emacs cygwin

From: Edwin Goei
Subject: Signals ignored in shell-mode gnu emacs cygwin
Date: 14 Apr 2007 00:15:42 -0700

I just switched from xemacs to gnu emacs 21.3.50.1on cygwin
1.5.24(0.156/4/2) with an X server (the latest versions I can find). I
have shell-mode working, except that signals sent to the subprocess
are ignored. For example, if I want to cancel or stop a process, I
should be able to type C-c C-c or C-c C-z to interrupt or stop it. The
"Signals" menu items are also ignored. Any ideas? This worked fine in
xemacs.

-Edwin