Re: How do I find docs for a given library? (minor mode?)

From: jmg3000
Subject: Re: How do I find docs for a given library? (minor mode?)
Date: 22 Mar 2007 10:08:05 -0700

On Mar 22, 12:14 am, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: jmg3...@gmail.com
> > Date: 21 Mar 2007 13:13:56 -0700
>
> > How do I find the docs for a library after I load it? For example, I
> > loaded htmlize (`M-x load-library RET htmlize RET') and would like to
> > see a listing of all the available docs that it comes with.
>
> Try "M-x finder-commentary RET htmlize RET".  Is this what you were
> looking for?

This is very helpful. Thank you. :)

> Another possibility is to look up the documentation in the Info
> manuals: "C-h F COMMAND RET", where COMMAND is some command from the
> library you load.

I get to the GNU Emacs FAQ with `C-h F', but I can't just do, say, ``C-
h F htmlize-buffer RET'' (you mention ``some command from the
library'' I load, and one of the commands in htmlize is htmlize-
buffer), since, when I start typing ``ht''..., the info reader thinks
I'm giving it info commands.

Also, incidentally (though I don't think it's directly related to your
suggestion), this is on Debian Etch, and the Emacs manual is
conspicuously missing...

Thanks,
---John