emacs + subversion + newbie = trouble ??

From: William Case
Subject: emacs + subversion + newbie = trouble ??
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:51:44 -0400

Hi;

I am not a student.  I am a newbie to 'subversion' or any other version
control system.  I am also at rudimentary level of emacs but been at it
longer than subversion.  Like all things 'computer', getting started
with the simple opening commands is the hard part.  Once I get going I
am OK.

Enough of the apologia!

I want to use emacs as my text editor with subversion.  How do I set it
up and get started?  What has to be in my ~/.emacs, what mode am I
looking for?

I think I have done my due diligence with subversion tutorials,
emacswiki, emacs info, man etc. yet I find myself sitting here looking
at a blank emacs frame, scratching my head and saying to myself "What
button do I push first?".

So, please, someone help me at the most basic level get started using
subversion + emacs .

--
Regards Bill