Re: Split frame?

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Split frame?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:18:05 +0100

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:56:45 +0100 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 13.03.2007 um 22:37 schrieb Vols:
>
>> I installed a plugin "tabbar.el" so that each file has a tab at the
>> top of the window. (looks like the tab in firefox).
>> Usually I need to work with more than 10 ".c" or ".h" files at the
>> same time. I used 'C-x C-f' to open files. After I used 'C-x 3' to
>> split to two windows, the tabs in each window are identical. If I kill
>> one buffer in left window, this buffer is also killed in right window.
>> This is my problem.
>
> No, this is tabbar's problem! I use it in two Emacs flavours and know
> what you're writing of ...

Why do you think this is a problem with tabbar?  It has nothing to do
with tabbar that, if a buffer is displayed in multiple windows, then
killing the buffer will remove its display from all those windows.

> I don't see much sense in using tabbar.el, because it is behaving
> strangely or I need to re-read the docs, except the Emacsen are a bit
> handicapped.

What do you mean by strange behavior?  I use tabbar and don't see any
behavior I consider strange.

>              Doesn't the usual control-(left-)click bring up a pop-up
> with sorted or grouped buffers?

The default binding of C-<mouse-1> is mouse-buffer-menu, which pops up
an unsorted and ungrouped buffer list.  What you describe sounds like
msb-mode (which overrides C-<mouse-1>).

Steve Berman