Re: Using Putty/ssh w/stored key and emacs still asks for password

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres
Subject: Re: Using Putty/ssh w/stored key and emacs still asks for password
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:02:10 +0100

gamename escribe:
> I've pre-defined public keys in my "~/.ssh/authorized_keys2" file so
> that I can ssh to these machines without requiring a password every
> time.  This is mostly to allow scripting with minimal hassle.
>
> For some reason, even though the ssh session starts fine and no
> password is required, emacs asks for a password anyway.  How can I
> stop that?

Probably simply authorized_keys is the right name for the file.

Nevertheless after years of using it, I find Cygwin's ssh pretty more
comfortable from a command line or Emacs than Putty. Being both of
them very nice pieces of software nevertheless.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres  m. +34679156321
La media hostia           j. ivalladt@gmail.com

http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/