Re: mode on by default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: mode on by default
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:34:35 -0500

> in my .emacs I have
[...]
>   ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
[...]
> notice that I edited the above section by adding the line
              ^^^^^^^^
[...]
> is that correct in order to turn this mode on by default?

Maybe the result is correct (it looks plausible, but there are occasionally
surprises).  But as the comment indicates, it clearly isn't the correct way
to get this result.

Use M-x customize-variable RET winner-mode RET

Or place

   (winner-mode 1)

somewhere in your .emacs.

        Stefan